Mauritius offers residency by investment, this program provides immediate residency permit status to investors who invest a minimum of $375,000.
-The Integrated Resort Scheme (IRS) is a programme designed to facilitate the acquisition of residential property by non-citizens in Mauritius. The IRS is basically a project for the development and sale of luxurious residential units to foreigners.
– Luxury residential property with a value exceeding $ 500,000 with a land area exceeding 10 hectares is covered under this scheme.
– It provides high-class leisure and commercial amenities and facilities intended to enhance the residential units.
– IRS provides for a social contribution in terms of social amenities, community development, and other facilities for the benefit of the community.
– RES projects offers different type of residences located within exclusive albeit smaller residential developments.
– A foreigner can acquire a residential property in existing RES projects and will be eligible for a residence permit for himself and his dependents if they invest at least Luxury residential property with a minimum value of $ 375,000 smaller than the IRS units and built on freehold land not exceeding 10 hectares.
– The owners may rent the property, become tax resident in Mauritius and face no restriction on the repatriation of funds or revenue raised from the sale or renting of the property.
– The Property Development Scheme (PDS) is one of the approved schemes, which has been designed to facilitate the development and subsequent purchase of luxurious properties by non-citizens in Mauritius.
– Luxury residential property with a minimum value of $ 375,000 for an integrated project of social benefit to the neighboring community. The projects are subject to strict controls regarding respect for the environment and must focus on ecology.
– On acquisition of residential property for a price exceeding USD 375,000, a non-citizen is granted a residence permit for so long as he/she holds the residential property. The spouse and children below the age of 24 are also granted a residence permit.
– The Smart Cities, revolving around the work, life, and play concept, are large-scale mixed-use developments in cosmopolitan conurbations with smart technology and pioneering innovation at their core.
-A non-citizen can acquire a residential unit, being a townhouse, villa, apartment, penthouse, or a duplex within any of the smart cities.
– Luxury residential property with a minimum value of $ 375,000. SCS project must be environmentally friendly living, working, or leisure spaces aimed at generating their own energy and water resources, providing state-of-the-art connectivity, creating smart modern transportation, and reducing traffic congestion.
Post-residency Citizenship Requirements-
– The applicant may apply for citizenship after five years of uninterrupted residence as an existing Commonwealth citizen, with 12 months of continuous residence for the last year before making the application.
– If the applicant is not a Commonwealth citizen, he may apply for citizenship after seven years of uninterrupted residence. The applicant must be physically present in Mauritius for 12 months before applying.
– The processing and approval of citizenship can take up to 12 months in Mauritius. The applicant needs to have good knowledge of English, French, or a local language and there is no restriction on dual citizenship.
– There is a fast track naturalization process for investors who increase their investment amounts to $ 500,000 and who are physically present for two consecutive years without any absence from the country.
Applicant’s can select alternatively other qualifying options for 20-year permanent residence, the following are:
Privacy World offers its services to anyone, not only looking to obtain residency and/or citizenship processes but our experts figure out legal ways to:
Privacy World can also help you with incorporating your company in Mauritius, assisting in getting you settled in the country and coordinating with you so that this experience will be less of a hassle.
Want Privacy World to handle your case? Have any questions? Contact us!
Yes, every citizen is allowed to have dual citizenship in Mauritius. However, you need to ensure that your country o origin allows you to acquire dual citizenship.
Yes, you can include your spouse and dependent children under 18 and as well as your dependent relatives.
The applicant needs to be physically present in Mauritius for twelve months.
Yes, the applicant needs to have a good knowledge of English, French, and the local language in Mauritius.
It takes five years of uninterrupted residence as an existing Commonwealth citizen. If the applicant is not a Commonwealth citizen, he/she may apply after 7 years of uninterrupted residence in Mauritius.
Resident individuals are subject to Mauritian income tax on their worldwide income from all sources. However, income derived from outside Mauritius is taxable only to the extent that it is received in Mauritius.
Non-resident individuals, irrespective of their nationality, income derived from Mauritius sources are subject to Mauritian income tax on all such income.
There are no net worth/wealth taxes in Mauritius. However, an individual whose leviable income exceeds MUR 3.5 million in an income year, in addition to one’s income tax liability is liable to pay a solidarity levy of 5% in excess of the MUR 3.5 million.
There are no inheritance taxes in Mauritius.
If it is a residence permit under the acquisition of property, there will be no need to do so.