Thailand offers one of the cheapest Residency by Investment Scheme in Asia. Thailand Elite is a long-term residence visa program managed by Thailand Privilege Card Company Limited (TPC). The purpose of Thailand Elite is to promote Thailand to foreigners through the issuance of a special residence visa, giving them the right to reside in Thailand for up to 20 years.
The Thailand Elite Residence Program offers seven options, the first three listed below are the most popular:
– Elite Ultimate Privilege is a twenty-year residence visa for a once-off fee of THB 2,000,000 approximately $65,000 plus an annual fee of approximately $650. This program includes exclusive VIP express airport services and lounge access, unlimited short-haul airport transfers for international flights, government concierge services, and hospitality services for golf, spa treatments, and an annual health check.
– Elite Ultimate Privilege member is entitled to unlimited limousine Airport transfer service for both arrival and departure. For your leisure and comfort, free golf green fees at selected courses and luxurious spas are also free of charge 24 times a year each. If golf and spa are not of your preferences, there are many other activities available for you to choose to suit your lifestyle such as Thai cooking Class, Thai Boxing, Zipline in the forest, and many more.
– Apart from experiencing all services for leisure and comfort, free annual health check-up is also available at the selected high-end hospitals in Thailand for Elite Ultimate Privilege member.
– Elite Privilege Access is a ten-year residence visadesigned for a family application. The one-off fee is THB 1,000,000 approximately $32,500 for the main applicant and $25,000 for each dependent. There is no annual fee. The program includes VIP express airport services, transport services, government concierge services, and an annual health check.
– Thai Elite Privilege Access members receive discounts and benefits at many shopping outlets, restaurants, and leisure activities throughout Thailand. They are welcome at many exclusive golf courses and spa resorts. They can present their Thai Elite Privilege card at any partner location and receive these benefits. The best part is these benefits extend to visiting friends and family.
– An additional benefit for Elite Privilege Access members is their free annual medical check-up. Foreigners are not eligible for free medical care in Thailand, and this service is offered above other Thai Elite visas.
– Elite Easy Access is a five-year residence visa allowing ex-pats or business people to enter Thailand regularly and easily during the period. This option requires a one-off payment of THB 600,000 approximately $19,500 and there is no annual fee.
– The Elite Easy Access residence visa can be upgraded to the Elite Ultimate Privilege option for approximately $48,500 or the Elite Superiority Extension for $12,000.
– The Elite Family Premium visa validity is subject to the validity of a core member of Elite Ultimate Privilege requires a one-off payment of THB 1,000,000 approximately $32,500 and there is an annual fee of THB 10,000.
– A person who seeks nothing but the best and wants to enjoy Thailand for 20 years can apply for a Thailand Elite Ultimate Privilege visa. The visa can be extended to family members with the Elite Family Premium visa if they have a family. Elite Family Premium is the perfect solution for couples, families with children, or adults who want to share a luxurious retirement with their parents.
– Elite Family Premium holders receive VIP service when arriving in Thailand. Immigration formalities and passport processing is expedited on arrival. A concierge service is available and travelers are met at the airport by a private limousine to take them to their accommodation. A member contacts Thai Elite Privilege and provides their arrival date, and the rest is taken care of.
– Elite Family Premium members receive discounts and benefits at many shopping outlets, restaurants, and leisure activities throughout Thailand. This is perfect for families. It is expensive to enjoy leisure activities with kids. Thai Elite offers discounts to families in a country that already has a low cost of living.
– The Elite Family Excursion is a five-year residence visa. This option requires a one-off payment of THB 800,000 approximately $24,000 for 2 persons and for each additional family member THB 300,000.
– The core applicant’s dependents may include legitimate parents, stepparents, spouse (including by civil union), children, and stepchildren.
– There is no annual fee and no age restriction. The residence visa cannot be transferred. The package includes complimentary VIP privileges such as airport transfers and government concierge services.
– The Elite Family Alternative is a ten-year residence visa and renewable every 5 years. This option requires a one-off payment of THB 800,000 approximately $24,000 and an additional THB 700,000 approximately $20,500 for each family member.
– The Elite Family Alternative membership allows you and your family to visit Thailand to enjoy long vacations or simply for short visits. Exclusive membership services include assistance when contacting government agencies, such as the immigration department and the mandatory 90-day reporting procedure.
– The Elite Superiority Extension is a twenty-year residence visaand renewable every 5 years. This option requires a one-off payment of THB 1,000,000 approximately $32,500.
– There is no annual fee and no age restriction. The package includes complimentary VIP privileges such as government concierge services and airport services.
The residence permit (privilege entry visa) obtained through the TPC does not lead to permanent resident status or citizenship because it is not classified as a non-immigrant visa.
In order to apply to become a Thai permanent resident, applicants must have had a Thai non-immigrant visa for at least three years before the submission of the application and must have three consecutive yearly extensions to qualify.
The applicant must also be a holder of a non-immigrant visa at the time of submitting the permanent residence application. A citizenship application can be filed to become a Thai naturalized citizen after holding permanent resident status in Thailand for 10 consecutive years.
To be eligible to receive a Thailand Permanent Residence Permit you must fulfill one of the following criteria:
The applicant must have and maintain to have the following qualifications:
One can apply for the Thailand Elite Visa, doesn’t matter whether one is in Thailand or abroad. All you need to do is to send a soft copy of your passport and application form to an accredited Thai Elite Visa agent. Then, the agent will work with the Thailand Elite Office, Ministry of Foreign Affairs and Immigration Bureau to do immigration and criminal background check. The process may take 1 month for most nationalities and up to 3 months for special countries.
When the applicant has passed a background check and the application has been approved, the applicant will be instructed to transfer the membership fee. The membership fee ranges from 600,00 Thai Baht to 2 million Thai Baht depending on the membership package the applicant has applied for. The payment for the membership fee can be made through a bank transfer.
After completing the payment or bank transfer, the applicant will receive the Membership ID and instructions on how to receive the visa.
The Thai Elite member can fix the Thai Elite visa at the Thai embassy or consulate in his/her respective country. The applicant has to drop off his/her passport and come back to collect it on another day at the Thai embassy. If it is not convenient for the application to apply through the Thai embassy, it is also possible that the applicant obtains the Thai Elite visa upon arrival in Thailand at Suvarnabhumi Airport. However, this option is unavailable during the COVID-19 travel restriction. In case the Thai Elite member is in Thailand, the Thai Elite agent may arrange the visa issuance at the Immigration Bureau in Bangkok.
Privacy World offers its services to anyone, not only looking to obtain residency and/or citizenship processes but our experts figure out legal ways to:
Privacy World can also help you with incorporating your company in Thailand, assisting in getting you settled in the country, and coordinating with you so that this experience will be less of a hassle.
Want Privacy World to handle your case? Have any questions? Contact us!
Dual citizenship in Thailand is not recognized but there are some exceptions, child born abroad to Thai parents who obtains the citizenship of the foreign country of birth may retain dual citizenship until reaching the age of majority (18). At this point, a person must choose which citizenship to retain.
Yes in all packages except for Elite Access and Elite Superiority Extension packages, you can include your immediate family with or without extra fee.
To apply for permanent residence, the applicant must have held a Thai non-immigrant visa for at least three consecutive years prior to the application submission.
Yes, applicants can own condominiums in their own name. If applicants wish to acquire land and build a house, they can obtain a long-term lease on the land (for up to 30 years). Applicants will need to apply for a construction permit to build the house in their own name. However, this way applicants can own the house and have a secured long-term lease on the land.
No, it is not required to personally appear during the Thai Elite membership application. However, your presence is required during the issuance of the visa whether it is at the Thai Embassy abroad, at Suvarnabhumi airport, or at the Bangkok immigration office.
No, there is no requirement in any circumstances.
No, Thailand does not require a language test.
Yes, the following nationalities are ineligible to apply for Thailand Elite Visa are North Korea, Afghanistan, Nepal, Pakistan, Sri Lanka, Algeria, Iraq, Egypt, Iran, Lebanon, Libya, Palestine, Syria, Yemen, Central Africa, Cameroon, the Democratic Republic of Congo, Republic of the Congo, Equatorial Guinea, Guinea, Ghana, Liberia, Nigeria, Sao Tome and Principe, Sierra Leone, Somalia, Sudan.
No interview is required.
A person who wishes to apply for Thai Citizenship must hold a Thai Permanent resident status for no less than 10 consecutive years.
Thailand taxes its resident and non-resident on their assessable income derived from employment or business carried on in Thailand, regardless of whether paid in or outside Thailand. Residents who derived income from abroad are taxable on that income if remitted into Thailand in the year in which it is received.
There is no net worth/wealth tax in Thailand.
In Thailand, the inheritance tax rate is 10%, except in the case of heirs who are ascendants or descendants of the testator, where the rate is 5%. Legacies received by the spouse of a testator are exempt from the tax.