Singapore offers Residency by Investment, and is frequently voted the best Asian country to live, in due to its excellent infrastructure and public services. Singapore residents offer a high quality of life to their residents.
There are multiple options offered under this program for the individuals.
– Invest at least SGD 2.5 million in a new business entity or expansion of an existing business operation.
– The applicant must submit a five-year business or investment plan, which highlights future expenditures and revenues. The business plan will be assessed on its feasibility, overall activities, capacity to create local jobs, as well as the applicant’s role in growing the company.
– Invest at least SGD 2.5 million in an approved fund that invests in Singapore-based companies plus the implementation of a business plan in Singapore.
– Applicants will be asses on their business or investment activities, capacity to create local jobs, and any future investment plans.
OPTION C (Family Office Option):
– An investment of SGD 2.5 million, was used to establish a single-family office in Singapore, which is required to have assets under management of at least SGD 200 million (minimum SGD 50 million of assets in Singapore and SGD 150 million in offshore assets).
– Applicants will need to submit a five-year business or investment plan, which must contain employment and financial projections. The business or investment plan will be assessed on the applicant’s role in the family office and proposed investment sectors.
The Global Investor Programs Qualifications are as follows:
– The investor must possess at least three years of entrepreneurial and successful business track record. – -Investors must own at least 30% equity of a company (or a summation of two companies) and must produce audited financial statements of their company for the three years before their application.
– The company’s turnover must be at least SGD 200 million in the preceding 12 months and at least SGD 200 million per annum on average for the previous three years.
– The investor’s immediate family must own at least 30% equity of a company (or a summation of two companies) and must produce audited financial statements of their company for the three years before their application.
– The company’s turnover must be at least SGD 500 million in the preceding 12 months and at least SGD 500 million per annum on average for the previous three years.
– The investor needs to be a member of the company’s management board.
– The investor must be a founder and one of the company’s largest individual shareholders.
– The company must have a valuation of at least SGD 500 million.
– The investor must possess at least five years of entrepreneurial, investment, or management track record and net investible assets of at least SGD 200 million.
– This category of the applicant is restricted to the Family Office Option.
After two years of permanent residence in Singapore, it is possible to apply for citizenship. However, Singapore is strictly a single-citizenship country and each applicant must relinquish all existing citizenship before naturalization is possible. Also, all male Singapore citizens and permanent residents are obliged to participate in the country’s compulsory two-year National Service.
The requirements and qualifications required to obtain Singapore residency or citizenship are listed above in the “About Singapore Citizenship and Residency” section.
The requirements of the Antigua & Barbuda citizenship by investment program are quite simple, and they include the following:
Main Applicant Requirements
The applicant must first pay the application fee to the Economic Development Board’s bank account. The application must be submitted one month after making the payment. After making the payment towards the application fee, the applicant must download forms A, B, and C from the Contact Singapore website. The details to be filled in the forms include the applicant’s details, the investment plan, and the payment details made towards the application fee.
After uploading the forms send hard copies of the required documents to Contact Singapore. These documents include a declaration form for the application and investment plan, the payment transaction slip (proof of payment), and an undertaking on the terms and conditions of the GIP. After receipt of all documents, if the applicant is eligible for the PR he or she will be called to attend an interview session.
On approval of the application, the Immigration and Checkpoints Authority will issue an Approval-in-Principle (AIP) PR status that is valid for 6 months. On issuance of the AIP PR status, the applicant will have to invest the minimum amount of $2.5 million either through options A or B.
The ICA will check the documentary evidence for proof of the investment and issue the applicant’s final approval of the PR status.
Privacy World offers its services to anyone, not only looking to obtain residency and citizenship processes but our experts figure out legal ways to:
Privacy World can also help you with incorporating your company in Singapore, assisting in getting you settled in the country, and coordinating with you so that this experience will be less of a hassle.
Want Privacy World to handle your case? Have any questions? Contact us!
Dual citizenship is not recognized in Singapore. To become a citizen of Singapore, you must renounce your previous nationality.
The government has discretionary power to waive requirements for further residence and grant citizenship to any person who has resided in the country for at least five of the previous six years. It may also exceptionally reduce residence requirements to 12 months.
Yes, your spouse and unmarried children below 21 years old may be included in your permanent residency application. Note that your male children who become permanent residents may be liable for National Service.
Yes, they require a personal visit for the applicants.
No nationality is officially restricted.
Applicants must fulfill a basic language knowledge requirement in English, Malay, Mandarin Chinese, or Tamil.
Yes, an interview is required.
Non-residents income is subject to a flat tax rate of 22%.
There are no net worth/wealth taxes in Singapore.
There are no inheritance taxes in Singapore.