Cambodia does not offer permanent residency as its ordinary visa can be extended indefinitely. As a result, foreigners who wish to stay in Cambodia for a long period may either obtain and extend their business or ordinary visas, or apply for Cambodian citizenship.
Cambodia has a super interesting citizenship by investment scheme in Asia. Cambodia offers Khmer citizenship to foreign investors who donate or make an active investment in Cambodia.
A. Business Investment:
1. Check all requirements from the Ministry of Interior.
2. Organize all the required documents and make copies of the same, and submit the application together with copies of required documents to the department of citizenship under the Interior Ministry.
3. When applications and documents are submitted, the citizenship officers at the ministry shall go through the document to verify the information.
4. After the verification, the decision is made. In the decision made, an application may either be rejected or accepted.
5. After making a decision, the applicant is notified about the decision in writing; and if the application is approved, the application is published to allow anyone with any objections forward a claim;
6. When the publication period elapses and no one has submitted an objection, the applicant is required to make an oath in court; and
7. After making an oath, it is signed and thereof pronounced as a citizen of Cambodia.
Privacy World offers its services to anyone, not only looking to obtain residency and/or citizenship processes but our experts figure out legal ways to:
Privacy World can also help you with incorporating your company in Cambodia, assisting in getting you settled in the country and coordinating with you so that this experience will be less of a hassle.
Want Privacy World to handle your case? Have any questions? Contact us!
Cambodia imposes no restrictions on dual citizenship. In fact, Cambodia has permitted dual citizenship since 1996.
The family of the applicant may apply for citizenship once the main applicant has been approved.
Cambodia offers citizenship by investment and can obtain for 3 to 4 months.
No. Citizenship in Cambodia can be bought, you do not need to reside in the country to obtain citizenship.
There are no country-specific rules in place. All nationalities can apply for this program.
Yes. Applicants must demonstrate fluency in the language.
Yes. You need have a knowledge of Cambodian history. You will have to sit through an exam to prove your proficiency in these areas.
Individual residents of Cambodia are liable for worldwide income.
Individual non-residents are subject to income tax on Cambodian source income only.