ギリシャ Residency by Investment Program enables genuine investors to acquire residency in Greece by investing in real estate. The application process is quick with further opportunities to apply for citizenship after a set period.
– An investment in real estate property with a minimum value of EUR 250,000, plus the applicable taxes.
– A 10-year lease agreement for hotel accommodation or furnished tourist residences in tourist accommodation complexes.
– A 10-year time-sharing agreement for hotel accommodation.
– A capital contribution with a minimum value of EUR 400,000 to a company that has its registered office or establishment in Greece (with the exception of portfolio investment companies and real estate investment companies) for the acquisition of shares in a share capital increase or bonds that are, at the time of issue, admitted for trading on regulated markets or multilateral trading mechanisms that operate in Greece.
– A capital contribution with a minimum value of EUR 400,000 to a real estate investment company that will invest exclusively in Greece for the acquisition of shares in a share capital increase.
– A capital contribution with a minimum value of EUR 400,000 to a closed-end investment company for the acquisition of shares or to a closed-end mutual fund for the acquisition of shares, provided that the aforementioned alternative investment institutions have the intention to invest exclusively in companies that have headquarters or establishments in Greece.
– Purchase of Greek government bonds with a minimum acquisition value of EUR 400,000 and residual maturity of at least three years at the time of purchase via a credit institution established in Greece that will also act as the custodian of these bonds.
– Purchase of shares or corporate bonds with a minimum acquisition value of EUR 800,000, which are admitted for trading or traded on regulated markets or multilateral trading mechanisms operating in Greece.
– Purchase of units with a minimum value of EUR 400,000 of a mutual fund incorporated in Greece or another country and with the intention to invest exclusively in shares, corporate bonds, and/or Greek government bonds that are admitted for trading or are traded on regulated markets or multilateral trading mechanisms, operating in Greece
– Purchase of units or shares with a minimum purchase value of EUR 400,000 of an alternative investment fund established in Greece or another country of the EU, which intends to exclusively invest in immovable property in Greece.
– Term deposit of a minimum value of EUR 400,000 to a domestic credit institution, for at least one year, with a standing order for renewal.
Privacy World can also help you with incorporating your company in Greece, assisting in getting you settled in the country, and coordinating with you so that this experience will be less of a hassle.
Dual citizenship is allowed in Greece. You are not required to renounce your previous nationality to become a citizen of Greece.
Yes. Family members include the spouse, the direct descendants of the spouse who are under 21 years old and the direct parents of the spouse..
No. The application can be done remotely, but you have to travel to Greece to see and choose the property.
No physical residence requirements in Greece.
The residence permit has a duration of 5 years, renewable, provided that you still own the property.
You can apply for citizenship in the country after 7 years of continuous legal residency in Greece.
No. There is no language test in obtaining residency in Greece.
No. There is no interview to obtain residency in the country.
Yes. Applicant must know the Greek language.
To be a tax resident in Greece an individual must spend more than 183 days per year within the country. Residency rules may vary according to a tax treaty.
Non-residents are only taxed on their Greek-source income.
Tax residents are subject to personal income tax on their worldwide income.
There is an inheritance tax. Estates are taxed between 1-10%, for other heirs and rates range from 0 to 40%.
There is no net worth tax.
There is a transfer tax of 3% levied on the transfer of real properties if V.A.T. does not apply.